U.S. Citizens entering Canada will be required to present proof U.S. Citizenship (i.e. Passport OR birth
certificate with picture I.D.) Naturalized U.S. Citizens should have their naturalization papers or wallet-size
certificates. U.S. Permanent residents require a valid U.S. Permanent Resident card or the Resident Alien Card.
(Resident Aliens are required to carry their cards with them at all times.)

Travelers should have all appropriate documents and I.D. for children.

For couples separated or divorced must have appropriate consent to travel with children document.

For more information contact the Canadian Embassy or Canadian Consulate nearest you.

In Detroit the Canadian Consulate can be reached at (313) 567-2085 or by visiting

For more detailed information on travel from U.S. and Canada please visit:
Style and Comfort